Friday, October 13, 2006

A First for Everything

This is my first time blogging...ever. I'm using this as an outlet, like many other people who blog. I have been reading a very popular blogger's site and I am amazed at how open and honest she is. She doesn't care about the many nasty comments she receives, people telling her she contradicts herself, she's too judgmental, she shouldn't write what she does, yadda yadda.

Anyway, I want to try writing about things near and dear to my heart, such as my relationships with my family and my heart's passion, which is my relationship with my God, my Savior, my Lord. I am hoping that through this I can document how My Walk with God is going, what direction I am heading.

I massively struggle daily with My Walk, in many areas of my life. I'm too grumpy or impatient with my kids sometimes. I don't show my husband how grateful I am for everything he does for our family. My cats really tick me off. It takes me awhile to let certain things go. I don't give everything up to God like I should. Just admitting these makes me swallow a little harder than usual, because now that I've written it down, it's there for me to read, not so easy to forget. I have to have faith that God will pull through for me. And I also have to work on my end of the bargain as well.

I know I could go on much longer than this, but it's late, and I have to get to bed, but first, I want to share something. I was listening to Scrubs on TV, and one of those doctor people said, "Nothing worth having comes easy." A relationship with God is something worth having. I know My Walk won't be easy, but it's my job to get off my butt and work on it. God has been waiting for me for a long time.
Here's to a different approach I've never tried before. Here's to a first in something! My first God Blog! Good night! God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home